When we first started Mixology, it was with the goal of creating incredible music by incredible singers, with the vision of possibly competing and making it to the Bing! World Musikfestival to represent Canada.
Fast forward to October 2019… First competition, somehow scored the highest mixed chorus score in Canada, and are invited to compete in the Worlds.
Fast forward to five minutes later, as we realize how expensive this endeavor is going to be for our singers.
The March 6th ‘Evening of A Cappella’ fundraiser was all about entertaining our friends, family and fans while helping to raise money toward flights and accomodations for our 37 singers headed to Germany.
Well, to say the night was a smash would be an understatement. Every seat was filled, including our VIP tables which were sold out in a matter of weeks.
The silent auction, which was sponsored by the many incredible people who donated items, had over 50 items in it and raised over $10,000 alone. There are no words for how blown away by this success we were. There are so many people to thank for the items in the auction.
But a super big special thank you goes out to for their donations to the auction…
- Chris of Contagious Enthusiasm
- Karen and Dennis of The Isabella Residences
- Dale & Cheryl Brubacher-Cressman
- Professional Organizing – Katie Ritz
- Rodan and Fields Skin Care, Mallory
- Dayna Manning – Author and Singer – Stratford
- Grand River Karate
- Thirty-One Gifts- Sarah Currah
- Simply Wonderful – Designer Cookies
- Cassandra Book, Woodwork
- Unique Boutique – Gosia Jurgial – Waterloo
- Vinter’s Cellar Brantford
- Kitchener – Waterloo Little Theatre
- Fred Astaire Dance Studio – Kitchener
- Buy the Yard Interiors – Guelph, Shirley Oosterveld
- Fixed Gear Brewing – Guelph, Mike Oosterveld
- Angel’s Landing – Therapeutic Yoga
- Georgian Bae Apparel, Lindsay Coulter
- Shoppers Drug Mart – Lyndon Mall Brantford
- Judi Wilrich – Photography
- Glass Moments Captured (Photography)
- **envision choir of angels singing in background as you read these names…
And to our featured quartets for putting on killer a cappella sets…
- Supertonic Quartet (District Champions, fresh off the International Competition stage)
- Ripple Effect (3rd Place in the World, headed to Germany for world Mixed Quartet Competition)
Additional sponsors of the auction & event include:
- The Schwaben Club
- Mayfair Paints
- Fixed Gear Brewing
- Entourage Media/Jennifer Goulden (branding photography)
- Jeanette Obberlink
Teslas, Cottages, Jack Daniels and more – bid from home on our Silent Auction!!
Posted by Mixology, K-W Mixed A Cappella Chorus on Friday, March 6, 2020